Pulover's Macro Creator v5.4.1 - The Complete Automation Tool

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

carlos mendoza

PMC is sent to background every time I run a script inside it

28 Nov 2016, 17:52

Hi,

Pullover's Macro Creator is sent to background every time I run a script inside it. It happens with the installed and portable version (5.0.5). I have the shutdown options (when playback finishes...) as "do nothing". I ran it under Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 7 Enterprise, 64 bits. Thanks.

This is a video record of the event: https://youtu.be/ovzhSsrrbaA
carlos mendoza

Re: PMC is sent to background every time I run a script inside it

29 Nov 2016, 17:50

carlos mendoza wrote:Hi,

Pullover's Macro Creator is sent to background every time I run a script inside it. It happens with the installed and portable version (5.0.5). I have the shutdown options (when playback finishes...) as "do nothing". I ran it under Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 7 Enterprise, 64 bits. Thanks.

This is a video record of the event: https://youtu.be/ovzhSsrrbaA
OK, I am really embarrassed. I found that the option "Minimize to tray" was set.
sonisame

Re: Pulover's Macro Creator v5.0.5 - The Complete Automation Tool

04 Dec 2016, 01:52

Looking for suggestion/help.

I created a macro using record function(mouse and keyboard clicks) to run on a program(which list my clients in alphabetic order like excel list). In this macro, for selected client, I do these clicks(tasks):
a)I export/email a pdf using outlook,
b) type a line in compose email box and
c) send email to the selcted client.

I want to now loop it so that I can run it on all the entries in the list(sort of like column A1, A2...An in excel).
Please help.

Sam
RogerDeep

06 Dec 2016, 06:31

Hello.
I have Windows insider preview 14971 (Dez/2016) and I'm having problems on detecting the start menu key and mouse clicking on tiles. Anyone with the same problems?
Recorded one macro like this:
- from the middle of dekstop go to start menu, left click
- go to chrome live tile
- left lick, then it felt it was double click because it tries to change the group name
And then it looses it. But I can do the start click and type chrome and press enter and it works.
It has loosed itself also couple times in my dual monitor setup. Don't know if it works on dual monitors.
Thanks
Roger
jbuszkie

Re: Pulover's Macro Creator v5.0.3 - The Complete Automation Tool

08 Dec 2016, 16:58

Gaiiden wrote:
ULandreman wrote:I'd like to insert come documentation comments within the macros. I haven't seen a way to do that yet. If it's possible, could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
You can add a comment that shows up in the code preview window (on the right) but I would like to see comments appear in the script actions window on the left, so I can better remember what groups of actions are doing what
I would also like to see this. Pretty great tool!!
MrC

11 Dec 2016, 10:49

Whenever I go to hit the button to test it, it works but immediately closes the editor..
Is anyone else having this issue, I'm so very confused. It wont let me make any revisions after, this is no bueno
javond01

22 Dec 2016, 14:10

Pulover's MacroCreator is a wonderful program that has saved my company a lot of time performing repetitive tasks. One question I have is how do I make it so there is a key that can be pressed that stops the macro from running at any time? I am running the script after exporting it to an ahk file and running the exe.
tracy123

01 Jan 2017, 05:55

yes it might be the case but u think it does not happen so often!
guest112

03 Jan 2017, 17:43

Hy there! I am trying to get my macro to run for a game called Cabal. Unlike Pulover's tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSAdvim75MY&t=1241s, whenever I try to right click on my game window, the control and title are not filled automatically. I figured out the title, but still don't know how to do the control. When I start the macro, the game gets the focus, but no buttons/mouse are performed..What am I missing?

The macro:
[PMC Code v5.0.5]|F3||4|Window,2,Fast,0,1,Input,-1,-1,1|1|Macro1
Groups=Start:1
1|WinSet|AlwaysOnTop, Toggle|1|333|WinSet||CABAL|||
2|WinActivate||1|333|WinActivate||CABAL|||
3|WinShow||1|333|WinShow||CABAL|||
4|[Text]|123|1|0|ControlSendRaw||CabalMain.exe|||
5|1|{1}|1|0|ControlSend||CabalMain.exe|||
6|[Text]|1|1|0|ControlSend||CabalMain.exe|||
7|[Text]|1|1|0|ControlSendRaw|X700 Y400|CabalMain.exe|||
8|[Text]|1|1|0|ControlSend|X700 Y400|CabalMain.exe|||
9|[Text]|1|1|0|ControlEditPaste|X700 Y700|CabalMain.exe|||
10|[Text]|1|1|0|ControlSetText|X700 Y700|CabalMain.exe|||
gtj104

08 Jan 2017, 21:42

Hello all,
Is there a way to have a macro run without hitting a hotkey? I want to look for a window on startup but don't want to have to press a hotkey. If I leave "Play" set to "none" it doesn't play in the editor but it works fine if I export and run the hotkey script. I really like the interface and hate to have to export every time.
Thanks much,
Gregg
xAuto

10 Jan 2017, 10:41

Is anyone else having an issue with the program not executing a macro after multiple execution tests during macro creation? Example, as I was making a macro to upload the text document to google translate as in tutorial video for learning, half way through doing exactly as he did the program just won't function. I have tried re-installing also. When I re-open the program the script will not work.. is this something corrupt in the code or something I am doing wrong?

Thank you!
Entropy42

10 Jan 2017, 15:51

javond01 wrote:Pulover's MacroCreator is a wonderful program that has saved my company a lot of time performing repetitive tasks. One question I have is how do I make it so there is a key that can be pressed that stops the macro from running at any time? I am running the script after exporting it to an ahk file and running the exe.
Put
Pause::Pause
somewhere in your AHK script. Now the pause key will pause and unpause your macro.

Feature Request
Is there any way to set "scaling" for the macros this tool creates? I have a series of mouseclicks recorded, and ideally they would all be scaled in position as I resized the window and its content is resized. I know how to do this in AHK, but I couldn't find a way to do it in the Macro Creator.

Really neat tool though. Wish I'd found this years ago.
tidbit

24 Jan 2017, 17:41

Pulover wrote:ImageImage
You should make your own forum or IRC channel :P
we get probably 10+ people a week on IRC asking about how to do X, then it turns out they use PMC, but none of us on IRC use it. It's probably similar in AFH (I've seen plenty, but I don't frequent the forums as much).

We once talked about giving a few popular scripts their own sub-section. that's possible too. But we (staff, others) would need to actually go through with it this time and not just talk.
But it might even help if the forum was an official one on your site? Find some passionate users+helpers
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?
HOOPERS

24 Jan 2017, 17:46

hello, I am trying to set up a simple command for my stores inventory. My barcode scanner inputs an enter at the end of each scan.. so i need a waitkey for {enter} then i need it to input (1) and then another {enter}...........I have this set up already and it works kinda...it works half the time. What am i doing wrong?
joedf

24 Jan 2017, 20:03

tidbit wrote:
Pulover wrote:ImageImage
You should make your own forum or IRC channel :P
we get probably 10+ people a week on IRC asking about how to do X, then it turns out they use PMC, but none of us on IRC use it. It's probably similar in AFH (I've seen plenty, but I don't frequent the forums as much).

We once talked about giving a few popular scripts their own sub-section. that's possible too. But we (staff, others) would need to actually go through with it this time and not just talk.
But it might even help if the forum was an official one on your site? Find some passionate users+helpers
+1 :+1:
Also, nice logo :D
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Rasstag

01 Feb 2017, 19:54

"Just" discovered Macro Creator (...and the wonderful world of macros... :) ... so my apologies if this question appears trivial.

When using Image Search (and others) the screen capture is stored on the PC in a path something like:

C:\Users\Rasstag\AppData\Roaming\MacroCreator\Screenshots\Screen_20170201101008.png

If your developing a generic script which will be used by others on their PC, how do I get around the issue that the above "path" has my username (Rasstag) as part of the string when it being run by another user? (..or does Autohotkey take care of this by magic?)
HawkST

02 Feb 2017, 04:46

A "C:\Users\%A_UserName%\AppData\Roaming\MacroCreator\Screenshots\Screen_20170201101008.png" should do the trick.

But you also need to copy this PNG file in this location for every user. OR compile this file into EXE which is another story... and I have a question about that...

Is there way to include file into script with PMC ?
PMC seems to not support FileInstall (https://autohotkey.com/docs/commands/FileInstall.htm)
Rasstag

02 Feb 2017, 11:13

HawkST... exactly what I was looking for ... many thanks...

I'd be interested in the answer to your question as well... I'll keep an eye on this thread.
pooperbot

02 Feb 2017, 21:15

Hello!
I'm not sure how to use command control properly.
I have recorded a sequence of mouse movements and clicks and I want to allow these to be able to be used on a programme running in the background. I want to use it on bluestacks. I can't key them in manually one by one because I need to use a recorder.
I read some of the posts in the forums but could not find a solution.
Could someone please explain to me how this can be done ? Thanks <3
xAuto

02 Feb 2017, 22:12

xAuto wrote:Is anyone else having an issue with the program not executing a macro after multiple execution tests during macro creation? Example, as I was making a macro to upload the text document to google translate as in tutorial video for learning, half way through doing exactly as he did the program just won't function. I have tried re-installing also. When I re-open the program the script will not work.. is this something corrupt in the code or something I am doing wrong?

Thank you!
is anyone ELSE having this issue? It's still happening...

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”