Shift Key is causing issues Topic is solved

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
badnecros04

Shift Key is causing issues  Topic is solved

16 Mar 2017, 15:17

Hey guys! I have been struggling with this code for the last couple hours trying to get it to run.

So i tried

Code: Select all

2::
send, +2
wait, 2100
send, +3 
wait, 2100
send, +4
return
Any idea why it just goes "234" in game, but sends "@#$" Out of game?

(i dont want to use a game link since it is against TOS of the game itself, however, i just want a simple macro to work in an MMO.)
is there a way to reproduce it as raw keyboard input?
evilC

Re: Shift Key is causing issues

17 Mar 2017, 07:32

it just goes "234" in game
On what are you basing this statement? By the fact that it triggers skill 2, then 3, then 4?
If you go into the game then hit SHIFT+2. does it do the same as if you had hit just 2?

Most games will ignore the state of shift (So, for example, if shift is run and 2 is an action, if it does not do this you would not be able to use the skill while running).

Seeing as you are explicitly TELLING the script to send Shift+Number, what you describe is expected behavior.

And don't mark your own question as answering the question. How do people not get what this feature is for???
badnecros

17 Mar 2017, 13:57

evilC wrote:
it just goes "234" in game
On what are you basing this statement? By the fact that it triggers skill 2, then 3, then 4?
If you go into the game then hit SHIFT+2. does it do the same as if you had hit just 2?
I am basing this on the fact that i have keymapping for Shift+1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 As well as for 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. This is a STANDARD MMO UI. I specified that this was an MMO, and How do people in the gaming forums not know how they work.
evilC wrote:Most games will ignore the state of shift (So, for example, if shift is run and 2 is an action, if it does not do this you would not be able to use the skill while running).
No, MMO's do not ignore the state of shift, due to the fact that shift is a common use to change skill casts.
evilC wrote:Seeing as you are explicitly TELLING the script to send Shift+Number, what you describe is expected behavior.
Seeing as I am specifically telling the script to send SHIFT+#, Means it should send SHIFT+#. it is NOT EXPECTED that shift will not register in the game.
evilC wrote:And don't mark your own question as answering the question. How do people not get what this feature is for???
I did not. I posted the question, then the site locked up on my, and it won't let me log in with facebook again. Soooooo don't be snooty, and grow up. THANKS!
evilC

17 Mar 2017, 18:23

No, I mean the green box surrounding your post which appeared after you clicked a tick icon. It is used to mark the post which you consider to be the answer, like in stackoverflow. Marking the question as the answer serves no use other than less people looking at your post because they think you have found a solution already.

ah, I now see what you mean. Sorry.

ok, so a few things to find out...
Can the game still see keys you block with AHK?
ie if you do 2:: (Remap 2 to nothing, or something that does nothing), does 2 still trigger action 2 in the game?

If so, then as far as the game is concerned, 2 is pressed before shift.

Does the problem persist if you remap another unused key to shift+2?

If I knew the answer to these questions, I could maybe help more.
badnecros

18 Mar 2017, 10:28

evilC wrote:No, I mean the green box surrounding your post which appeared after you clicked a tick icon. It is used to mark the post which you consider to be the answer, like in stackoverflow. Marking the question as the answer serves no use other than less people looking at your post because they think you have found a solution already.
I did not actually click on anything though. this process was not done manually by me. something messed up during the lock up, and now i cant get back onto my facebook login to rectify it.
evilC wrote:Can the game still see keys you block with AHK?
ie if you do 2:: (Remap 2 to nothing, or something that does nothing), does 2 still trigger action 2 in the game?

If so, then as far as the game is concerned, 2 is pressed before shift.
I have tried to rectify the situation with the following,

2:
send {Shift down}
sleep, 10
send, 2
sleep, 10
send {Shift up}
return
This continues to have the same failure as the original code, while ensuring shift is pressed first.
would it then be better to remove my keymapping of the 2?
evilC wrote:Does the problem persist if you remap another unused key to shift+2?
i can test this tonight when i get home from work. i will respond later.
evilC

18 Mar 2017, 11:21

I cannot advise unless I know whether when you do:

2::
	; Do nothing
	return
This is MEANT to block the game from seeing 2.
However, if the game does still see 2 get pressed, then it means that we will have to find some other approach.

I am not sure that I get, however, why you want to map 2 to Shift+2
If you have multiple skill bars, why do you not just put the skill that is on Shift+2 onto 2?
This is why I was assuming there was only 1 skillbar.

But then, I have been doing this long enough to know that if I don't understand a use-case, that does not mean that it isn't valid ;)
badnecros

18 Mar 2017, 13:44

I will be getting home late tonight to attempt your suggestion.

evilC wrote:=
I am not sure that I get, however, why you want to map 2 to Shift+2
If you have multiple skill bars, why do you not just put the skill that is on Shift+2 onto 2?
This is why I was assuming there was only 1 skillbar.
We have broken the code down to a single key for hypothetical theory testing.
What my OP code says is
--- have "2" send "Shift+2" Wait for the Global Cool Down, "Shift+3" Wait for the Global Cool Down, "Shift+4"
evilC

18 Mar 2017, 15:58

Yes, but if you hard-remap 2 to be shift-2, how do you activate unshifted skill 2? That's what is confusing me about your use-case. or do you WANT 2 to activate both unshifted 2 AND trigger the macro?
badnecros

20 Mar 2017, 15:11

evilC wrote:Yes, but if you hard-remap 2 to be shift-2, how do you activate unshifted skill 2? That's what is confusing me about your use-case. or do you WANT 2 to activate both unshifted 2 AND trigger the macro?
So, i have a skill list, that needs certain spells used, in a certain order. my goal, was to hit the 2 Button, and it cycles through a process of spells. The skill mapped to 2 alone, would then not need to be considered as it would then not need to be used, and i would use it as a placeholder for a cool down timer. however, even with fully unbiniding the key "2" in the game, hitting "2", still does not alow shift to work via AHK.

I have however discovered, that i can use Shit+2, to activate 2,3,4. This is an annoying work around, as in order to use these macros, i have to set a .5 Second timer before the macro starts in order to use it, as if i hit SHIFT 2, i will be holding shift when it begins. This is frustrating in the sense that im using these macros to raise my APM, and if i start throwing in .5S everywhere, it will lower it instead.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”