Random loop

Advanced Macro Recorder/Editor.

Moderator: Pulover

chango

Random loop

27 May 2017, 12:19

Hi I'm using Pulove'rs macro maker so I might be in the wrong place, apologies if I am. I'm not very good a programming but I need to do some automation and I have a question I hope someone can help me with. I need to loop a part of a script a random amount of times say 1-20 times.
So far in the code all I see is Loop, 5 . 5 is because I have set it to 5 times.
Is it possible to set the loop to loop a random amount of time before it goes to the next part of the script?
All help much appreciated.. and once again please understand I have no programming skill what so ever lol :?:
neomulemi6

Re: Random loop

27 May 2017, 13:01

You can use the Random function to generate a random number, then use that in your loop.

Something like this:

Code: Select all

Random, rand, 1, 10 ; random number between 1 and 10
Loop, %rand%
{
; loop contents
}
chango

27 May 2017, 14:36

neomulemi6 wrote:You can use the Random function to generate a random number, then use that in your loop.

Something like this:

Code: Select all

Random, rand, 1, 10 ; random number between 1 and 10
Loop, %rand%
{
; loop contents
}
Thanks neomulemi6, im testing it now, the macro creator implements the variables in a different way to just coding it, so I need to test, I'll let you know results.
chango

27 May 2017, 17:29

Hi does anyone know how to implement this in Pulover's macro maker please ?
neomulemi6

28 May 2017, 00:31

Well, I've never even heard of Pulover's macro maker, so I can't really help you there. Why not just use AutoHotkey alone?
chango

28 May 2017, 09:38

I think because its easier for people who have no programming experience to use a GUI , and then you can export it to a akh script, and then like me work on that script. I did solve the problem and thanks to your reply because it pointed me to the right expression, implementing in the macro maker was just a matter of RTFM :)

20 Nov 2017, 12:56

Hi geniuses :D
Need Help for using PULOVERS MACRO CREATOR.
Can anyone know How to input Random text at specific field, for example I want to input random city names text at selected field. :?: also how can i select random folder or random image ? :!: I'm not good at programming :crazy: that's why i want to complete this task by Pulovers. Thanks in advance.

Return to “Pulovers Macro Creator”