Autohotkey to press 1 midi key?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
saleman_89

Autohotkey to press 1 midi key?

18 Jun 2017, 00:04

So I am trying to use Autohotkey to press down on 1 Midi key when a file exists for 60 seconds, then delete itself and keep searching for the file again until it exists again. I don't need it to do anything else, just that, and man am I having a problem figuring it out!

I have figured out the code below so far, and that code works, I can only assume I need to replace the "+" with some sort of midi code. It really doesn't matter what, as long as a generic DAW would recognize it as a midi control being pressed. If it needs to be specific, I am currently messing with the "Virtual Midi Piano Keyboard" to mess with my DAW. I have a "+" key linked to a key in VMPK, so when autohotkey is activated it presses down in VMPK, which then activates what I need in my DAW. I'm hoping to cut out VMPK, as this only works when I have that program up and selected. I do have a virtual midi cable installed as well (Copperlan).

Does anyone have any idea what to code on this? I also have not used Autohotkey before trying to work on this, so any layman's terms would help. here is my code so far:

Code: Select all

loop
   IfExist, C:\Users\saleman89\Desktop\Voice.txt
   { Send {+ down}
    Sleep 60000
    Send {+ up}
    FileDelete, C:\Users\saleman\Desktop\Voice.txt
  }
Mod edit: fixed code tags.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”