Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.22 28th Oct 2018

Post gaming related scripts
zudeee

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.16 11th Jun 2017

14 Jul 2017, 13:01

Hi everybody! I hope somebody on this forum can help me. I try to explain my problem: I am using kinoConsole to stream games from my PC to my android tablet. I have an xbox 360 controller connected to my tablet and when I start to stream a game (kinoConsole uses some kind of virtual Xbox controller emulation) I can play with my controller. BUT kinoConsole translates the D-PAD buttons to the arrow keys. And some games I have can't handle this. I know that has all nothing to do with UCR but I thought that UCR would be great to combine the (already virtual) xbox controller and the keyboard arrow keys into one new virtual controller. But here comes my problem. I can map all the buttons axes and triggers but not the D-PAD. When I press the D-PAD buttons when the red window appears just nothing happens. The gui itself reacts to the D-PAD as if the arrow key get pressed (in the menu for example). I checked with a program called keycodes and it seems that the D-PAD buttons really gets translated to arrow keys. But something must be different. I tried to get in contact with the kinoConsole support after 6 unanswered mails I gave up. So, has anybody an idea or a hint what else I can try?
H_Bear

16 Jul 2017, 22:37

Thank you for UCR it resolves a lot of problems found with different profiling software.

However I have a problem in that UCR only recognises six axes in the drop-down, though my TUSBA throttle has eight axes.

Is there any way I can adjust this?

Thanks,

- Bear
H_Bear

17 Jul 2017, 03:45

Another query, how can I select only mousewheel up or down as an output?

If I try with the GUI the bind mode does not complete unless I also press a key or mouse button.

Then I have WheelUp + LButton, but I only want WheelUp or WheelDown.

Thanks,

- Bear
evilC

17 Jul 2017, 05:17

Mouse Wheel is unique insofar as it only generates a "press" event and not a "release" event.
I know in the input code, I simulate a release event for mouse wheel, but maybe I forgot to do it for output.
If I did, that would probably exhibit the behavior you describe.
I will look into it.
evilC

17 Jul 2017, 05:21

H_Bear wrote:Thank you for UCR it resolves a lot of problems found with different profiling software.

However I have a problem in that UCR only recognises six axes in the drop-down, though my TUSBA throttle has eight axes.

Is there any way I can adjust this?

Thanks,

- Bear
AHK uses WinMM for joystick support, which only supports 6 axes, 32 buttons, 1 POV.
At the moment, UCR suffers from these limitations.

I do, however, have some new proof of concept code that allows AHK to read all joystick axes and buttons, but it is currently not integrated into UCR.

I am working towards a new version of UCR that will be able to use this new system, but it is likely some months off.
H_Bear

17 Jul 2017, 06:57

Thank you for your time evilC.

The mousewheel would be a great benefit to me, the joystick axis is an easy workaround as I can simply map the throttle without reference to UCR.

This software is fantastic, I have been searching for this for years!

Cheers,

- Bear
H_Bear

18 Jul 2017, 01:42

I also can't seem to make the 'Profile Inherits Plugins from parent' function stick.

I can select the checkbox then save, but when I reload the script or close and reopen UCR the box is unchecked and the buttons do not inherit.

- Bear
sllewji

Xbox One controller to vJoy Axis

22 Jul 2017, 01:32

Hello evilC.

Thanks for taking the time to put UCR together.
I recently aquired a new XBox One controller that I want to use with Elite Dangerous.

My goal is to map the triggers to a single axis so the game can use them as a rudder for yaw control - the game doesn't support this.

I have installed vJoy and UCR, and mapped the triggers to a vJoy RX axis.

Now the mapping works fine, as long as UCR has focus, but as soon as I switch to the game, the mapping is no longer active.

I also have an Xbox 360 controller and have a duplicate profile. in this case the mapping continues to work when I switch focus to the game.

Any Ideas?
evilC

22 Jul 2017, 08:25

@H_Bear: I implemented the fix for mouse wheel. I have not released it yet, could you test it for me please?
Download the zip attached to this post and extract the two files into the Threads folder.

@sllewji: Could you clarify please?
Does this happen with all apps, or just E:D?
ie if you open Notepad, does UCR stop working while notepad is active?
Attachments
MouseWheel fix.zip
(8.83 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
H_Bear

22 Jul 2017, 23:50

evilC wrote:@H_Bear: I implemented the fix for mouse wheel. I have not released it yet, could you test it for me please?
Download the zip attached to this post and extract the two files into the Threads folder.
It works perfectly, many thanks @evilC !

- Bear
evilC

23 Jul 2017, 10:38

HUGE NEWS

I just got HidGuardian / HidCerberus working and added experimental support for...

HIDING JOYSTICKS FROM GAMES IN UCR
Now we can hide DirectInput sticks (Basically anything except XBox controllers) from games, we can now do true remapping in UCR!

To test it out:
  1. Go to the WhiteKnight thread and download the zip
    Extract it to your UCR\Resources folder - you should end up with a UCR\Resources\WhiteKnight folder
    Follow the Setup instructions in the WhiteKnight thread to install the driver.
  2. Edit UCR.ahk, add these two lines to the start, just after #NoEnv:

Code: Select all

#NoEnv

#Include Resources\WhiteKnight\WhiteKnight.ahk
    wk := new WhiteKnight()

3. When you go to the HidGuardian config page while UCR is running, the "Currently whitelisted process IDs" box should contain a number (The process ID of UCR).
    If this is the case, UCR should be the only thing that can see the stick
Echocookie

24 Jul 2017, 19:13

Sorry, but I am probably going to sound very stupid for asking this question.
I downloaded a profile from http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/6c7Nm5rI/file.html that remaps the Nintendo Joy-Con as Xbox controllers. I have everything working and it comes with multiple profiles, but none of the profiles have enough buttons. Basically I am asking how to add another button, because there is only one button missing - left trigger - from one of the profiles, and it is in another profile anyway. If there is some way I can copy the code from that button in the profile that has it to the other one it would really help me out. Thanks!
sllewji

25 Jul 2017, 00:14

Hi evilC,

All applications.

I have the vJoyMonitor running, and can see the axes moving when I move the controller sticks ONLY when UCR has focus.

Regards,
sllewji
darkcity

RPCS3

27 Jul 2017, 02:08

First, thanks to evilC for this fantastic application.

I'm trying to play my backup game Demon's Souls with PS3's emulator name RPCS3 (https://rpcs3.net) .
You can use keyboard to play the game, but i would like to use my mouse to emulate right analog (to look around).

RPCS3 key binding https://ibb.co/f3WcfQ

¿What is the best solution for that implementation?

I have tried MouseToButton https://ibb.co/drZSEk, but i don't understand the options, and it's not moving smouthly.

¿How the options, Timing and Limit, work?
¿Any suggestions?

Thank you all
Echocookie

vXbox no left/right trigger

27 Jul 2017, 21:11

Hi evilC, thanks for creating UCR and being consistent :dance:

I have a problem with vXbox remapping.
There are no outputs for either left or right triggers.

I can input the triggers on my controller but there is no option to output them as Xbox triggers through vXbox.
Is there any way around this at all? I need both the bumpers and the triggers for my of my games. Thank you very much!
skylake

31 Jul 2017, 07:01

Hi EvilC. So I have been using UJR for a long time now but it recently wasn't able to suit my needs. I have modded my 7 axis x52, in the registry so that the nipple button actually works (by removing one of the axis and replacing with the nipple stick). All the axes do work (tested in arma 3) however not all games can detect the ministick. So I tried using UJR to try register the nipple buttons, however it only managed to detect all axes except the 7th. I then went to UCR as it says you can rebind 8 axes for one joystick, however this time it only give me the option of choosing 6 axes instead of 8 (I need 7) So I was just wondering if this was a bug or if there was a workaround/way to fix this.

Thanks for your help,
skylake. :)
evilC

31 Jul 2017, 07:35

@darkcity
If you want to remap mouse movement to right stick, you would want the MouseToJoy plugin.

@Echocookie
vXBox does indeed have options for Left and Right trigger, so I am not getting you.
vXbox axes 3 and 6

@skylake
UCR suffers from the same input limitations as UJR - 6 input axes.
The 8 axis limit is for output.
If you don't mind coding, you could use my JoystickWrapper library to be able to read all buttons and axes.
Myself and Snoothy are currently re-writing UCR in C# (Dubbed UCR2), and the new version will not be subject to these limitations. It may be weeks or months until we have something usable, I just do not know.
darkcity

31 Jul 2017, 07:44

@evilC

Hello evilC, thanks for your anwser, but i don't have any STICK, just mouse and keyboard, i have never use a joystick.
evilC

31 Jul 2017, 07:48

@darkcity From your description, it seems you want to use mouse as the input, and a virtual gamepad as the output?
In this case, my original statement holds true.

In UCR, plugins are named <Input>To<Output>

eg
ButtonToAxis watches a button, and when it changes state, sets the value of an axis
MouseToJoy watches for mouse movement, and when the mouse moves, it moves a joystick axis

You do not need a joystick to use MouseToJoy, UCR can create a virtual one for you.

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”