EitherMouse 0.8 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
Helgef

Re: EitherMouse 0.67 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

14 Jun 2017, 12:41

@multiple simultaneous cursors
gwarble wrote:The way I interpret everyone's requests...
Haha, that is really funny :lol:
@custom game or app with multi-input
Agree!

25 Jun 2017, 04:47

gwarble wrote:here you go:
https://gwarble.com/ahk/Notify/
i'll make a new thread for it when i have a chance
:clap: Thanks! I lost the example code so I can now see how the progress bar code was supposed to work again :)
Just in case you've missed it: a nice question here https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=33424 (close one Notify and it drops down to fill the empty space)
gwarble

25 Jun 2017, 12:32

You're welcome, i'm glad you use it
I posted in that help thread, but the solution is not trivial... Someday i'll add it to Notify()
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
gwarble

new update: EitherMouse 0.7 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

03 Sep 2017, 07:00

0.7 update
I think i found what was missing when detecting resume from sleep/standby, so hopefully that's working now for everyone (if not please let me know again)
I added in a crude way to turn off the check for updates. I don't recommend this as all updates are improvements, bug fixes, and addition of new features, but users still request it all the time. This will likely need improvement.

EitherMouse Setup.exe v0.7
EitherMouse.exe v0.7
http://www.EitherMouse.com
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
bjornekelund

Re: EitherMouse 0.7 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

04 Sep 2017, 04:14

After update to 0.7 the "Mouse properties" window pops up every time my PC unlocks/wakes up from sleep and stays on the screen.
Quite annoying and I have not found a way to avoid it. The mouse in question is a Synaptics Luxpad on a HP Folio 9470m

Any advice would be most welcome.
gwarble

04 Sep 2017, 10:57

Hmm... the "Mouse Properties" window from the control panel? Thats odd, I'll have to look into it.

ok try re-downloading 0.7 and hopefully you won't get that problem... Unfortunately that means it still probably isn't fixing the mice correctly, but at least you won't get the mouse properties window. More testing to do clearly...

Thanks for the feedback! I didn't catch that

Edit: I'm not able to recreate the issue you're describing here on Win7, but the bug fix should prevent it. It might be a permissions thing, for some reason the Reload command is failing in your case, which I didn't have a backup for so the script flowed into the mouse properties subroutine. What version of Windows are you on? and if you test before updating, is it both when unlocking and resuming from sleep?
gwarble

05 Sep 2017, 11:16

0.71 update
bug fixed when resuming from sleep/standby/lock when reload failed launching Mouse Properties, hopefully that's working now for everyone (if not please let me know again!)

EitherMouse Setup.exe v0.71
EitherMouse.exe v0.71
http://www.EitherMouse.com

Also if anyone is still having settings lost when resuming from sleep/standby/lock, please try the Beta version 0.72 here:
http://www.EitherMouse.com/Beta
and let me know if its any better, trying a new approach

Re: EitherMouse 0.71 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

07 Sep 2017, 06:00

Hey, I am really loving your work man after I finally found how to set up my two mice. The only problem I have now is that the second mouse that is created is a bit small to see. It would be nice if It could get bigger. Also are you planning on releasing the source code or is it already out and I just don't know where it is? I would like to have the source code because I would like to set up a hotkey to toggle the Multi-cursor option. Anyways, nice job with the application.
gwarble

07 Sep 2017, 18:30

Thanks!
Do you mean the static cursor left behind when using the other mouse in MultiCursor mode? If so i'll add in a selection for that...

Edit: ok tested, it looks like i need to make the non-lefty cursor static image when using the other mouse a duplicate of the normal cursor, instead of a standard win7 cursor... that must be what you're talking about. That way you can add EitherMouse to a system with, say, Extra Large cursors, or dinosaurs, and the non-mirrored cursor should use the system XL or dinosaur... Thanks for the heads up
gwarble

07 Sep 2017, 23:51

oh, and for the source, check the "Include source code" checkbox in the installer and you will get EitherMouse.ahk in the installed directory. You can then edit the code and re-compile by running the .ahk (you must have ahk installed for this, but the resulting .exe will not be built from your current AutoHotkeySC.bin, but rather "recompiled" using the modified code but the original .exe
Olivier

10 Sep 2017, 10:27

Hello, first a big thank you for your work!
I have a small issue that I'd like to raise, as I didn't have it in previous version:
I use the trackpad as right handed, and any usb connected mice as left handed.
Since last version, during the initial detection, I noticed that my trackpad is not not detected anymore as first mouse. I just noticed that only my Pointing stick (in the middle of the keyboard is). Every other usb connected mice is well recognized. As a consequence, if I want to use the trackpad as right handed, I need to slightly touch the Pointing stick so that EitherMouse detects that I moved to the keyboard, and switches the buttons to right handed. If I don't touch the Pointing stick, it doesn't detect any touch on the Track pad.
Interestingly, it was working fine on previous version 0.67 or 0.69 I believe.
So no drama for me. I still use happily your tool. I just touch the Pointing stick briefly before moving to the Trackpad.
Cheers
Olivier
gwarble

10 Sep 2017, 13:04

Hmm, I think I know what i did, thanks for the feedback... Can you try the beta version 0.725 and see if it acts like the previous versions for your trackpad:
https://www.EitherMouse.com/Beta/
Olivier

12 Sep 2017, 07:47

:bravo:
yes, I confirm it fully fixes the issue on my side!
Thank you!!!
gwarble

12 Sep 2017, 18:14

awesome, thanks... I will fix the released version tonight
Maave

26 Sep 2017, 12:19

gwarble, your domain isn't resolving. It appears the name servers for you site have pooped out. Can you check that?
On a related note, do you have any download mirrors? Couldn't find any while trying to install EitherMouse on a new comp
gwarble

26 Sep 2017, 14:54

Thanks for the heads up... I'm not sure what happened there, noticed it yesterday, but it appears to be working now

https://www.EitherMouse.com
Bill D

Does 0.71 mess up reverse scrolling option? How to downgrade to 0.69?

27 Sep 2017, 19:05

I made the mistake of upgrading from 0.69 to 0.71 and now the reverse scrolling option is completely messed up on some of my touchpads. On some it does nothing, on others when checked it will inhibit scrolling in one direction (it appears to jittery "struggle" too, but won't). They all worked fine in 0.69. Does anyone know how I can downgrade back to version 0.69? I can't find it anywhere.

Also in 0.71 I got the error: Max window number is 20. Line# 514: Tooltip... after exiting the Windows Mouse properties dialog (afer invoking it from EitherMouse). I don't know if this is related to the revere scrolling problem.

Also, does anyone know if EitherMouse can also reverse horizontal scrolling too?
gwarble

Re: Does 0.71 mess up reverse scrolling option? How to downgrade to 0.69?

27 Sep 2017, 23:15

Bill D wrote:I made the mistake of upgrading from 0.69 to 0.71 and now the reverse scrolling option is completely messed up on some of my touchpads. On some it does nothing, on others when checked it will inhibit scrolling in one direction (it appears to jittery "struggle" too, but won't). They all worked fine in 0.69.... Also in 0.71 I got the error: Max window number is 20. Line# 514: Tooltip... after exiting the Windows Mouse properties dialog (afer invoking it from EitherMouse). I don't know if this is related to the revere scrolling problem.
Thats the first I've heard of this issue, but i will look into the reverse scrolling issue and the tooltip error message issues... thanks
Does anyone know how I can downgrade back to version 0.69? I can't find it anywhere.
https://www.eithermouse.com/EitherMouse ... 200.69.exe
Also, does anyone know if EitherMouse can also reverse horizontal scrolling too?
Not currently, but I will add it to my to do list, should be possible.

thanks for the feedback, and if possible please report back and confirm that downgrading to 0.69 fixes your new issues...
- joel
gauss163

03 Oct 2017, 13:54

Joel: I did manage to find a copy of version 0.69 in my downloads folder. Once I downgraded to 0.69 the weird scroll problems caused by "reverse scroll direction" disappeared. Maybe it's worth emphasizing that I am in the process of testing many different touchpads, so it might be possible that the large number of different settings could cause problems (I was up to Mouse34 at one point). But 0.69 handled it all well - kudos! I have no idea why the latest version is messing up when reversing the scroll direction (and also crashing in the Tooltip), but I'll be happy to help debug.

Btw, I noticed also that reverse scroll direction does not reverse the direction of Zooming (Ctrl+VScroll). Having horizontal and/or Zoom scroll directions inconsistent with (reversed) vertical Scroll direction is problematic (showstopper for me). The goal is to have a consistent UI model: scrolling should function one of two ways: as if grabbing the page and moving it (as on a phone), or, opposite-direction-wise, as if grabbing the scroll-bars and moving them (but not some mixture of the two). Reversing the scroll direction should switch between these two scroll models (for both H/V directions + Zoom). Probably that works for most uses (but some advanced apps might require independent reversal controls on H/V/Z scroll). I'll by happy to help with testing and/or code writing to remedy this.

What do I need to do (if anything) to preserve settings when down/upgrading?

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”