Link to SCAM website

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
joefiesta

Link to SCAM website

11 Oct 2017, 19:53

The OLD forum contains the following topic:

https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/1772 ... -your-gui/

This topic has a link, in the first entry, labeled "Control_AniGif.ahk"

This link points to: http: //autohotkey.net/ ~PhiLho/Control_AniGif .ahk (not exact: I added spaces so it's not clicked accidentally)

When I clicked the link, I was taken to one of those SCAM WEBSITES. You know, the one's that tell you you have a virus and have to pay money, etc etc.

Can someone address this, please.

Thank you

Joe Petree
joedf

Re: Link to SCAM website

11 Oct 2017, 20:00

The reason is actually, the whole domain autohotkey.net is owned by some person. that somehow wants to spread scams/ads ?
We dont own it. We want to, but it's currently locked to this person. Contact would need to be established.
For now, all autohotkey.net links are dead.
If you require something from this domain, please look in the archives posted here:
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3216
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
nnnik

12 Oct 2017, 00:05

Yeah that also means that we need to shut down the old forum to prevent users from getting there
Recommends AHK Studio

12 Oct 2017, 02:17

Some suggestions

1. How hard would it be to do a global find/replace on the database by replacing autohotkey . net with something else?

2. How hard would it be to add a javascript to the old forum template (should be possible in the head) that does a find/replace in the text of the page after it has loaded doing the same?

:?:
tank

12 Oct 2017, 08:22

Guest wrote:with something else
but to what exactly. that's the hard part. I was working on a solution but my time has been hit and miss. Ideally, i want to stand up some searchable archived content to redirect to. but that is going to take time. we cant execute any replacement strategy without a suitable replacement
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter

12 Oct 2017, 08:30

tank wrote:but to what exactly
Not really, just make sure its defunct, no need to try and fix all the a hrefs.

find: autohotkey . net
replace: autohotkey dot net

Now you will have non working links that will also help Google drop AutoHotkey . net from its rankings etc.

At https://autohotkey.com/board/ there is this "archived forums" image - that image could be replaced with an image with a note:
"All links to AutoHotkey [dot] net are defunct" or something like that.

Or if you can, replace autohotkey . net with autohotkey.com and make all .com/~* incoming visitors redirect to https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3216 or similar pinned topic explaining why they end up that post.

I'm sure its easier said then done, especially if you don't have much time and I appreciate the time you and others already spend on managing the forum.
just me

12 Oct 2017, 08:41

Why not replace all links to autohotkey.net with the text 'Broken link!' or similar?
tank

12 Oct 2017, 10:13

I wish it were as simple as that. Replacing the text of said links will not be trivial
Check Out WebWriter

12 Oct 2017, 10:30

Perhaps you could make a few records of the MySql? (not sure) old forum databaes available to someone like just me - or someone else with some mysql knowledge - to provide a test environment? Once a "script"/command has been found it can be run on the entire mysql database (an offline copy) - and then replace the current one?
nnnik

12 Oct 2017, 12:14

So then do we need to put the boards down for the meantime until a solution is found?
I mean we really can't lead people to a scam website.
Recommends AHK Studio
joefiesta

12 Oct 2017, 13:01

I am glad to see this has sparked great interest

Thanks

Is there a way one could make Firefox just now allow a person to go to any Autohotkey.net site? I guess I could do it if I ran Norton or some such crap.

Of course, the ideas above about just changing these links are FAR SUPERIOR, except for one idea to close down the old forum. The OLD forum is a HUMUNGOUS source of TREMENDOUSLY GOOD info.

Joe P
tank

12 Oct 2017, 13:11

we just need a new home destination for those links. changing the text of the link in my mind is irrelevant and complicated. changing the actual link is doable
My project is on github if anyone wants to help speed up a new destination for those links
Check Out WebWriter
tank

12 Oct 2017, 13:14

Check Out WebWriter

12 Oct 2017, 13:29

In case you missed it:

1 - replace autohotkey . net with autohotkey.com, now autohotkey . net/~UserName/UsefulAhkScript.ahk will go to autohotkey.com/~UserName/UsefulAhkScript.ahk
2 - .htaccess rule on autohotkey.com : all "/~.*" requests redirect to a post on the active forum with links to the ZIP archive files HOSTED on autohotkey.com (so no dropbox crap or personal hosting etc as these go down again and again)

My 2cts. There is no point in trying to recreate the autohotkey . net user folders on .com here as they are incomplete and some people are active with more updated material on the active forum anyway.
joedf

12 Oct 2017, 13:41

I have an idea... tmp fix... using js to run on client side to run after page load and effectively changes all the urls to AHK archives links or what not.
Simply put such a script in the header or footer of all forum pages and have conditionals whether to run or not.
It might look malicious, but should get the job done. :p

I feel shutting the whole forum (old) down might be a little overboard. I still search it occasionally for obscure solutions ;)
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
tank

12 Oct 2017, 14:28

changes them to what JoeDf that's the problem. Its no problem to change links
Check Out WebWriter
just me

13 Oct 2017, 03:51

tank wrote:I wish it were as simple as that. Replacing the text of said links will not be trivial
I have no clue about the database structure behind the scenes. But in case I did not express myself well, I don't recommend to change the link text, I recommend to replace the whole link with text.
joedf

13 Oct 2017, 21:17

Oh make the link text the same, but redirect them to a forum post here explaining the status of AHK.net and suggest where to get the scripts for example the archives/backup post in scripts section.
derz00

14 Oct 2017, 07:30

I thought some of the links are exactly like that already
try it and see
joedf

14 Oct 2017, 19:29

Are they?

Return to “Forum Issues”