request : sticky notes with autohotkey ?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
fun_9990

request : sticky notes with autohotkey ?

17 Oct 2017, 18:22

i need simple sticky notes

1.comes with special keyboard key
2.and close with close sign

dear reader , please public autohotkey about my favorite subject if you can help me

thanks everyone
Exaskryz

Re: request : sticky notes with autohotkey ?

17 Oct 2017, 19:53

This thread is more appropriate for the Ask for Help section.

I'm not sure exactly what you may be looking for in a Sticky Notes.

If you make a GUI, one featuring a Gui, Edit control and use the +AlwaysOnTop Gui control options you have pretty much a sticky note. Otherwise, you can use +Owner option to make another running program (like the desktop, which should be ahk_class progman I believe -- you'd need to get the id through WinGet of the target program) kind of stick to the program.

Whatever special keyboard key you want to trigger this, go for it. Maybe you make the hotkey only use the Gui, Show command. Otherwise, your hotkey can recreate the Gui each time. Just destroy the old one; if you want multiple, don't use Gui, Destroy command and use Gui, New command.

As for a close sign, again, whatever hotkey you want to execute the Gui, Destroy command. Or just click the Close button on your GUI. (IF you want to hide the window titlebar along with the maximize/close buttons, use the -Caption option on the GUI. At that point you'd want to either press Alt+F4 to close the GUI or use that Gui, Destroy command.)

Hopefully that helps you build what you need.
fun_9990

18 Oct 2017, 05:51

Exaskryz wrote:This thread is more appropriate for the Ask for Help section.

I'm not sure exactly what you may be looking for in a Sticky Notes.

If you make a GUI, one featuring a Gui, Edit control and use the +AlwaysOnTop Gui control options you have pretty much a sticky note. Otherwise, you can use +Owner option to make another running program (like the desktop, which should be ahk_class progman I believe -- you'd need to get the id through WinGet of the target program) kind of stick to the program.

Whatever special keyboard key you want to trigger this, go for it. Maybe you make the hotkey only use the Gui, Show command. Otherwise, your hotkey can recreate the Gui each time. Just destroy the old one; if you want multiple, don't use Gui, Destroy command and use Gui, New command.

As for a close sign, again, whatever hotkey you want to execute the Gui, Destroy command. Or just click the Close button on your GUI. (IF you want to hide the window titlebar along with the maximize/close buttons, use the -Caption option on the GUI. At that point you'd want to either press Alt+F4 to close the GUI or use that Gui, Destroy command.)

Hopefully that helps you build what you need.
could you please publishing this code ?
Exaskryz

18 Oct 2017, 08:22

Very crude, but it works for me:

Code: Select all

^5::
WinGet, var, id, ahk_class Progman
Gui, New
Gui, Add, Edit, r10
Gui, +Owner%var% ; -Caption
Gui, Show
return
If you want it to lose the Caption, remove that ; on line 5.
fun_9990

19 Oct 2017, 04:20

Exaskryz wrote:Very crude, but it works for me:

Code: Select all

^5::
WinGet, var, id, ahk_class Progman
Gui, New
Gui, Add, Edit, r10
Gui, +Owner%var% ; -Caption
Gui, Show
return
If you want it to lose the Caption, remove that ; on line 5.
thank you
this is enough
but box is so small
this need transform sign in the corner of the box for change box size
and box default size is so small
another thing is save text , i think every time we should write text again and our previous things cannot show again
this code can be use for every one

19 Oct 2017, 04:32

@fun_9990 have you google sticky notes authotkey? if you do you will find several notes scripts posted on the archived forum to try out and modify to your liking.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”