Mouse to keyboard / virtual joystick

Post gaming related scripts
Helgef

Re: Mouse to keyboard / virtual joystick

14 Dec 2017, 14:14

Someone took this and modified it to work with different programs
:lol: Thanks for sharing, I'm not sure it contains much of original work, I will put a note one the main page when I have had time to look in to it.

Cheers.
dimes2dope

25 Dec 2017, 21:20

Really appreciate the work you've done on this. Seems like a nice little program.

I found this because I was searching for a way to convert my "mouse to joystick" in Rocket League.
( you can control your camera with a joystick normally, but when doing it with a mouse, if you stop moving the mouse - the view automatically snaps back to "normal" )
( you can see how it looks trying to control the camera with a mouse here: https://gfycat.com/AnyRedAmbushbug )

I just wanted to share 2 issues I had while trying to use it with rocket league. (this may be limitations of AutoHotkey itself)

Each of these issues take place while playing Rocket League - after the script has been activated using Win+S shortcut

1. If I "Click" while the script is active - The "game window" for rocket league seems to "lose focus" as it not longer takes input from my Keyboard.
- the game may still be in focus, but at the very least - it does not respond to keyboard input I send to control the game
- (this may be because I'm using a Wooting One (analog keyboard) which emulates an Xbox 360 controller for analog input)
- Also, because the game loses focus when I click (and mouse position doesn't exist) I can't properly "bind" the joystick axis to the in game command, from the menu (although if I emulate other keys maybe then I can select it, will need to try that)

2. When the script is activated, the frame rate (FPS) in game DROPS from 144 fps (which i have set as the max) and drops down to 50 fps

These issues may not be fixable with the way AHK does things but I figured I would let you know.

Anyway, everything you have setup seems very well done - so I really have to thank you for the work you put in.
dmxsixersfan

26 Jan 2018, 17:18

Is there a way to change mouse output to left joystick?
Helgef

07 Feb 2018, 07:47

dimes2dope wrote:Really appreciate the work you've done on this. Seems like a nice little program.
Hello, thank you. Sorry for not responding, I forgot.
dimes2dope wrote: I just wanted to share 2 issues I had while trying to use it with rocket league. (this may be limitations of AutoHotkey itself)
Thank you for the report. I have no answers unfortunately. I think this script has very limited usefulness, I'm not good with game automation, I made this almost by accident. You might have more luck with UCR.
Is there a way to change mouse output to left joystick?
I do not know, I recommend you take a look at UCR aswell.

Cheers.

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”