Very Annoying Bug (Caps lock spamming, ALT+Shift not really working)

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
wyw

Very Annoying Bug (Caps lock spamming, ALT+Shift not really working)

25 Feb 2018, 14:37

I'm not the only one who had this issue. Once I run my script, it would keep spamming the CapsLock key, as well as making ALT+Shift etc. not working at all. So, if I'd run the script right now, text would look like:
dLpElkFWFlliWFLpwfLFWP

I can see the CapsLock key flickering on my keyboard. This makes it almost impossible for me to play any games while I'm running the script. Does someone know a simple fix for this?

My script:

Code: Select all

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
banana:=0
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
F1::
banana:=!banana
    while (banana=1)
	{
	    ControlClick, X2576 Y1556, ahk_class ahk_class Chrome_WidgetWin_1
		SetControlDelay -1

}
return

f7::ExitApp

Thread can be closed. Issue fixed.
Last edited by wyw on 27 Feb 2018, 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
wyw

Re: Very Annoying Bug (Caps lock spamming, ALT+Shift not really working)

26 Feb 2018, 14:01

Doesn't anyone have a assumption on what this could be? I couldn't fix it on my own yet. :(
gregster

Re: Very Annoying Bug (Caps lock spamming, ALT+Shift not really working)

26 Feb 2018, 14:16

I don't really see a connection between your script and what you describe. Perhaps you should link to those other cases, which had the same issue, even if they weren't solved.
In my experience, many of those things have to do with other remapping or keyboard/mouse softwares that cause conflicts. But that is just a guess.

Also, what is the minimum script that causes this behaviour on your computer? What are you trying to accomplish with this script? What is happening when you change the ControlDelay to 0 or higher? You will have to circle the problem.
I cannot really test because I don't know what you are clicking in Chrome - for me, everything seems to work normal. With this script, we cannot really reproduce what is happening on your computer. Therefore, comparable cases might be of interest - and of course - more information about what you are trying to do here.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”