EitherMouse 0.8 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
zsy70123

Re: EitherMouse 0.71 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

15 Mar 2018, 02:33

Hi Guys, great tool! Works well. But I have a problem:
When I enable the multi cursor, say for example, I have two mouses. When I move the mouse there are always 3 cursors on the screen, 2 being the active mouse, 1 being the last position of the moving mouse before it moves. Anyone have the same problem? Also when i disable the multi cursor, there will be two still stay on the screen. 1 can be moved by both of the mouses, 1 cant be moved, and can only be removed from the screen by turning the EtherMouse software off.
gwarble

17 Mar 2018, 14:44

Sorry I haven't been able to figure out how I introduced this problem. I also haven't had a ton of time to work on it but I will get an update out as soon as I can solve it.

Thanks for the feedback
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
Rising

06 May 2018, 14:54

im using 2 mices and 2 monitors. awsome program but i have 1 problem. wheen i move the 2 mouse on the screen the 1 mice stops and whean i try to move the 1 mice agein i get from the 1 mice the icon stuck on the schreen i can move the mouse perfect yust the icon is stuck at the monitor and i cant delete the stuck icon. soo i have 4 mause icons, 2 are working but 2 are stuck on and cant delete theam, they get stuck everytime i move the other mouse. but otherwise the aprogram is awsome
gwarble

13 May 2018, 12:18

Yes, sorry there is a known problem when using MultiCursor mode leaving the extra cursor laying around... I haven't had a chance to find the problem yet, but its on my short list of things to fix.

I believe this version 0.69 is still available and does not have this problem, but some other things have been fixed so you may want to try each version.
https://www.eithermouse.com/EitherMouse ... 200.69.exe

I will try to get this solved soon, just have a lot of things distracting me from working on this at the moment.
Thanks,
- joel
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
gwarble

Re: EitherMouse 0.75 - Multiple mice, individual settings...

16 May 2018, 18:57

Ok I think i finally fixed the lingering cursor when using MultiCursor mode... please let me know if you still have any issues with that.

I also fixed a bug when mice were starting up with empty settings every once in a while

And finally, one user is still reporting issues with resuming from sleep and having to go to the tray icon to force EitherMouse to set the mouse settings properly... I thought that issue was solved, is anyone else getting this issue? Win10? Sleep/standby/hibernate? Administrator?

EitherMouse Setup.exe v0.753
EitherMouse.exe v0.753
http://www.EitherMouse.com

2018-7-16: v0.753 - tooltip bug fix, update bug fix
2018-7-29: second user reporting problem with lost settings when resuming from sleep, i guess this isn't fixed.
gwarble

30 May 2018, 09:56

Made another small change to hopefully fix the remaining resume from sleep/standby issues. Please let me know if this helps or if anyone still has the problem (or any problems)

Thanks

EitherMouse Setup.exe v0.757
EitherMouse.exe v0.757
http://www.EitherMouse.com
ThanksALot

11 Jul 2018, 17:12

I haven't read the whole thread, so if anyone mentioned it and you gave a reason for not doing it, I apollogize.
Now, on the idea, is there a way to invert the colors on the pointer without using too many system resources on that. It's to distinguish both cursors (the tooltip is a great help, but if I can get rid of it this way, that will be great!)
Thanks in advance
gwarble

12 Jul 2018, 23:47

I haven't looked into inverting the original cursor specifically, but at one point I was working on colored cursors like this:

but never really finished it... Need to make colored versions of all the cursors, fine tune the gdi+ replacement for a tooltip, etc... someday I will make the cursors for each mouse fully customizable, just a matter of free time

i still have the "zero" device bug to work out, sorry if anyone is stuck and can't use EitherMouse because of this, please email me [email protected] or try an earlier version:
https://eithermouse.com/Archive/
flashusp

19 Aug 2018, 04:34

Tried downloading it today and Windows Defender blocked the setup file as a threat:

https://ibb.co/h204qz
https://ibb.co/dwwAVz
Sp3ctre18

23 Aug 2018, 23:51

I'm having the 3rd cursor issue as well with one of my mice; prevents me from clicking with it because the 3rd cursor seems to be held down, so clicking is like clicking or dragging to the 2nd point of a selection box. I looked for a way to disable or expressly say I only have 2 mice to see if that could be a workaround, but there is no such option, heh.

I'm not surprised I had an issue though, because my mouse is an Evoluent v4 ergonomic mouse, so we're not talking normal drivers and I'm mostly expecting I won't be able to do this independent-cursor-per-mouse idea.

However, since you specifically pointed out ergonomics as being on your mind as part of the use for this set up (and exactly fits my case), I figured it was worth letting you know about this, and suggest - if you haven't already - to try to support the Evoluent since it's like a leading / high profile ergonomic mouse (or so it seems to me at least, haha).
Rhoi Fajardo
Composer of Film / Cinematic music
SoundCloud | YouTube

Founder of This Can Be Pronounced (TCBP):
A Project for Supporting & Advising on Foreign Language Studies

Website | Facebook | YouTube
gwarble

29 Aug 2018, 18:13

Thanks for the feedback guys... Sorry I haven't been able to update lately, just moved and boy does that take up your free time!

I will try to get a fix up soon to take care of the "zero device" issue, which will probably solve your Evoluent mouse issue but if not we can work on a solution from there...

As for the false-positive threat issue, its an ongoing issue that I normally respond to users with something like:
Thanks for the feedback, its a known and ongoing problem with antivirus software. Most will let you ignore the detection or add it to a whitelist. You can try reporting the false positive to your antivirus company, but I gave up bothering with that years ago as i never made any progress. To date, since first released in 2009, i have not once found an actual infection of any file from eithermouse.com... and if you run it through virustotal.com you usually get around 2 out of 65 false positives. Personally i assume 2 are wrong and 63 are right, but i guess thats for the end user to decide. I will double check that there are no infections currently and let you know if I'm mistaken. Someday I will buy the license needed to created "signed" executables that may (or may not) help with the false positives, but its not cheap. You can also try downloading EitherMouse.exe directly, or EitherMouse.zip and extract, and skip the setup program to see if that helps.

https://www.techsupportalert.com/conten ... endors.htm
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/securit ... ubmit.aspx

25 Sep 2018, 04:55

engmia wrote:@gwarble I registered to express my thanks for developing this absolutely amazing utility.
The same story. Many thancs for highly useful utility, gwarble!

25 Sep 2018, 05:15

gwarble wrote:
gauss163 wrote:it might be possible that the large number of different settings could cause problems (I was up to Mouse34 at one point).
Very cool, I've never had the mouse count up that high.
What's about my Mouse73 then? ;) BTW, is there any limitations of mouse list length? I think I've started to experience some problems recently, maybe caused by huge amount of entries.

Is it correct way to clean up the list by removing unneeded branches in registry and correcting MouseCount value?
ArchieEU

25 Sep 2018, 14:45

[ for some reasons, my previous messages were posted with "Guest" author instead of my username ]

Answering my own question: cleaning the registry haven't fixed erratic behavior of EM, but I think I've identified the source of problem.

It seems it started after connection of Logitech wireless trackball: without it, everything works just fine. As diagnostic window shows, it constantly sends some data to the host, so EM thinks it is "currently active mouse", even if it actually isn't touched. Probably, it transmits some service information like battery discharge state, or something like that.
gwarble

25 Sep 2018, 20:48

Thanks for the feedback, did you really hook up 73 mice? Crazy, but in theory EitherMouse shouldn't care

Its probably easier to use the "clear all settings" option in the advanced menu and just reset the active ones, there aren't many settings... but ultimately editing the registry settings is fine

As for the diagnostic mode, that window appends every few seconds, so it might not be your mouse, it would be weird if it triggered RawInput for something like battery status or anything like that, but you can verify with how that window acts with another mouse. I've had some weird hardware behavior reported over the years
ArchieEU

26 Sep 2018, 02:09

Not simultaneously, of course. The system is used as a "playground" for various pointing devices, so that was accumulated value for recent years.

Yes, diagnostic periodically reports active mouse itself, but in my case it looked like they were changing constantly - and moreover, data for active (I mean, really active) device were overwritten (Mouse2 nicknamed "Touchpad" became "0.0.20.1" or something like that), and it was impossible to adjust its settings because of that. Removal of "misbehaving" device completely fixed the issue. It's also possible the problem was actually caused by my particular HW/SW configuration, as the sydtem is heavily tweaked and overloaded by manufacturer's drivers and third-party utilities like virtual scrolling etc.

I'd have to say, your EM is truly excellent piece of software, working stable for quite long time. Thanks again!
gwarble

26 Sep 2018, 10:17

ArchieEU wrote:I'd have to say, your EM is truly excellent piece of software, working stable for quite long time. Thanks again!
Thanks a bunch, glad to hear that from someone so heavily immersed in different hardware, can I ask what you're working on?
ArchieEU

26 Sep 2018, 11:17

Software development & testing, often with HW compatibility check. I prefer trackballs, so all my workstations at office are equipped with them, as well as family desktop PC. In addition, most of them have ordinary mouse connected, too: just for the cases when it's needed to give access to the colleague or family member. You know, mouse users are totally helpless if forced to operate trackball... :) Also, I'm in constant search for "ideal one" and buy every model available, changing them frequently.

Your utility in conjunction with Phillip Gibbons' X-Mouse Button Control are essential for the people like me.
mattie47

27 Sep 2018, 19:14

Hi @gwarble,

Just tried to download EitherMouse, but it seems the website is down?

Any alternative download link? Can't find it anywhere else on google ;-)

I've used this for a number of months and it's been so handy.

I have two mice, and it fixes an issue with the Razer DeathAdder Left hand mouse. https://www2.razer.com/au-en/gaming-mic ... nd-edition

Basically this mouse is super annoying and has the buttons switched in the hardware of the mouse by default. So if you change the buttons in Windows, it'll affect your right hand mouse. Having been used to the buttons being the same on the left hand mouse, as my right hand mouse - EitherMouse was a fantastic fix to make the mappings identical for this :-)

So thanks again.

Matt
gwarble

28 Sep 2018, 19:19

Hopefully it was just temporary, sorry about that
It appears to be working now, so start at:
https://www.EitherMouse.com

but if its down in the future, there's a mirror at:
http://hotpad.us/

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”