Create Hotkey to use a previous Hotkey again

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
IceTray

Create Hotkey to use a previous Hotkey again

17 May 2018, 14:57

Is there a way to create a hotkey that when pressed would use/call the hotkey that was previously pressed?

Simple Example:
I have three hotkeys.

Code: Select all

1::MsgBox Hotkey-1

2::MsgBox Hotkey-2

3::				;This hotkey should execute either hotkey 1 or 2, whatever was pressed before
Let's say I press hotkeys in the following order: 1, 1, 1, 2. When I press hotkey 3 now, it should execute hotkey 2 and the MsgBox with "Hotkey-2" would pop up.
Now I press hotkey in the following order: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1. If I press hotkey-3 now, it should execute hotkey 1 and the MsgBox with "Hotkey-1" would pop up.

Can something like this be done?
swagfag

Re: Create Hotkey to use a previous Hotkey again

17 May 2018, 15:31

ehhh, wouldnt recommend it but:

Code: Select all

1::MsgBox Hotkey-1
2::MsgBox Hotkey-2
3::Gosub % A_PriorHotkey
IceTray

Re: Create Hotkey to use a previous Hotkey again

17 May 2018, 16:27

Thanks!
Yeah, it seems unnecessary since you could just press the actual previous hotkey again. But, remaining with the example above, I want the third hotkey to execute the previous one and then execute other stuff after that as well.

Is there also a way for the third hotkey to execute the hotkey that was previous to the original previoulsly pressed hotkey? Sounds kind of confusing ^^

Again in an example:
Let's say I press hotkeys in the following order: 1, 1, 1, 2. When I press hotkey 3 now, it should execute hotkey 1 and the MsgBox with "Hotkey-1" would pop up.
Now I press hotkey in the following order: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2. If I press hotkey 3 now, it should execute hotkey 2 and the MsgBox with "Hotkey-2" would pop up.

Background:
I have to lable (=assign names to) a number of recorded 3D-trajectories with individual intended names frame for frame. In every frame there are multiple trajectories. Sometimes, already labeled trajectories become unlabeled in the next frame. To avoid redundant mouse movement & clicks etc., I want to lable one trajectory while hovering over it with the mouse and then pressing a hokey. Then I move to the next frame, hover over the same trajectory that got mistakenly unlabled (by the software) and press a hotkey that executes the previously pressed one (the one that labled the trajectory in the frame before) and also moves on to the next frame. The result would be, that I only have to hover over a trajectory and press that "execute-previous-hotkey-plus-move-to-next-frame" hotkey until there are no more frames left. Then I start at the beginning of the recording and do the same with a different trajectory.
Currently, I'm only missing the "previous to the previous" thing.

_________

Edit:
Now that I think about it... After pressing 2 of those "execute-previous-hotkey-plus-move-to-next-frame"-hotkeys, I would press that one again and call upon the hotkey I'm already pressing... Are there any solutions to that?

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”