AutoHotkey User Survey

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Joe Glines

AutoHotkey User Survey

25 Mar 2016, 11:05

I just saw the link, and took, the AutoHotkey survey. I'm really looking forward to my fellow enthusiast's feedback as it has some GREAT questions! :bravo:
Sign-up for the 🅰️HK Newsletter

ImageImageImageImage:clap:
AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
Training: AHK Webinars Courses on AutoHotkey :ugeek:
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
TheDewd

Re: AutoHotkey User Survey

25 Mar 2016, 11:06

I have also taken the survey. :-)
guest3456

25 Mar 2016, 12:20

me three, although i felt like it was a marketing research effort to try to start selling us instructional courses

joedf

26 Mar 2016, 09:44

guest3456 wrote:me three, although i felt like it was a marketing research effort to try to start selling us instructional courses
I understand your concern, the staff has peer-reviewed it. The AHK foundation manifesto prohibits site SPAM+monetization. I've noticed that it does not technically ban ads completely. I must admit that it is some sort of a loop-hole... :/ Anyhow, this is currently at a "tolerable" level, meaning the primary focus of the survey does not directly advertise anything. :silent: That said, I hoping to gain some information about AutoHotkey's usage. :)
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
dmatch

26 Mar 2016, 11:14

The occupation question was disappointing to me in that it was woefully lacking in the sciences. Except for "Engineering" and "Research" (??) there were no science related occupations like, for instance, "Science."

Not a particularly big deal unless it is an indicator of a larger culture that is turning away from science and it's occupations.

dmatch
TAC109

26 Mar 2016, 15:30

Also, some of us have the occupation of 'retired'.
My scripts:-
XRef - Produces Cross Reference lists for scripts
ReClip - A Text Reformatting and Clip Management utility
ScriptGuard - Protects Compiled Scripts from Decompilation
I also maintain Ahk2Exe
joedf

26 Mar 2016, 19:37

and no student... :/ oh well...
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
JoeSchmoe

27 Mar 2016, 18:38

I loved the survey and was happy to see that people were looking into it. Who wrote it?
Blackholyman

27 Mar 2016, 19:44

Hi

Joe Glines and I am working with a research company to field the survey around AutoHotKey.

And of course some of the questions are minded at figuring out if there is any grounds for selling autohotkey expertise

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Already now the Survey seems to have been well received and we're seeing intriguing implications from the first numbers

If more entrants complete the survey we'll have a better chance of seeing trends emerge

Looking forward to see if even more of the Autohotkey community complete and share it in the coming weeks

I'm hoping that's something everybody is willing to help with!

Cheers,
Blackholyman (Jackie)
Also check out:
Courses on AutoHotkey

My Autohotkey Blog
:dance:
colmik

30 Mar 2016, 15:52

Well, I was going to do the survey, but I couldn't get past the first question.

Here are the results ...

Result - FAIL

Result - FAIL

Result - FAIL

I tried about six or eight capchas before I started copying the images. The ones below are duplicates - I don't know why. They're not in my text.
Attachments
Capcha_3.jpg
Result : FAIL
Capcha_2.jpg
Capcha_1.jpg
Blackholyman

30 Mar 2016, 15:54

Can't say try turning off Capslock, if thats on at all other then that i don't know, it was working fine when i try'ed it...
Also check out:
Courses on AutoHotkey

My Autohotkey Blog
:dance:
colmik

30 Mar 2016, 16:01

I didn't have caps lock on - I was holding the caps key with my finger.
I exactly copied the case of lettering in the capcha. I would have expected that would be the requirement.
TheDewd

30 Mar 2016, 16:03

Is there some firewall that is blocking the Captcha service from receiving your answer, resulting in a fail? Are you are work behind a company firewall that is filtering traffic?
colmik

30 Mar 2016, 16:10

No - I'm at home. Each time I attempted it, there was pink writing across the screen saying (I can't remember the wording) that it didn't work, and inviting me to try again. Now, if I connect to the site, it says "Our records indicate you have already completed the survey. Thank you for taking the time to take it however we are limiting access to one complete."

But I haven't. I didn't even see it.

I'm not going to lose sleep over this - I just thought it would be fun to do the survey, but it's really not important to me. The only reason I brought it up here is that a capcha is required for the online chat assistance also, and on many occasions, I have had several goes before one has been accepted, though I have been pretty sure they were correctly answered.
Last edited by colmik on 30 Mar 2016, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
TheDewd

30 Mar 2016, 16:13

Can you try from a different computer or your cell phone? Maybe it's your computer/connection. If you're sure you didn't complete it, then they should have no issues with you doing it again on a different device with a different IP address, etc.
colmik

30 Mar 2016, 16:19

I don't have a different device. My phone is a Nokia 3310 - it has never heard about the Internet!
TheDewd

30 Mar 2016, 16:20

What year do you live in?? ;)
Joe Glines

30 Mar 2016, 16:23

I'm watching replies still come through so I think, overall, it is still working okay for most. Sorry @colmik!

We had someone automate over 90 entries so I'm very hesitant to turn off the captcha.

I've run into issues with Chrome using Captcha (and my pop-up blocker). Perhaps trying a different browser would solve the issue.
Regards,
Joe

AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
TheDewd

30 Mar 2016, 16:25

@Joe, but it thinks he already did the survey so probably won't allow him to try again??

P.S. -- Are you writing a book to sell? :-)
Joe Glines

30 Mar 2016, 16:31

TheDewd- if he completed it, your'e correct, it probably won't let him back in. Sorry- I'm on a conf call while trying to read through these as well...

I'm too lazy to write a book. I just like to share code and do demo videos. Jackie (Blackholyman) is much better (and has the patience) at writing and explaining things.

YouTube

Return to “General Discussion”