[Outlook] QuickModules (AddIn or VBA) to sort emails or jump quickly to multiple folders [UP 16.06]

Discuss other useful utilities, general computing tips & tricks, Internet resources, etc.
DigiDon

[Outlook] QuickModules (AddIn or VBA) to sort emails or jump quickly to multiple folders [UP 16.06]

10 Jun 2018, 07:44

Hello all ;) ,

UPDATE 16/06: QuickModules is available both as an Outlook Add-In (with installer, recommended) or as an Outlook VBA project

This is one of my side-projects that really helped me sorting my emails with Outlook when I was managing projects and had many emails coming on various topic.

I had many project folders with issues to follow and emails rules didn't make it.
I found drag & drop system to be very poor for sorting emails quickly among various folders.

...to my surprise I did not find any existing tool easing this process, so I've built one.

This tool is able to send selected emails or jump to a specific folder just by typing part of the folder name or paths.
It shows you a dynamic list of potential matches and you just double-click - or select using arrow keys and hit enter - to move to the desired folder.

I've decided to share it freely along with documentation :) .
:!: DOWNLOAD PAGE :!:

I've made a quick video on it:
ADD-IN DEMO

VBA DEMO

I hope you will like it.
Please post any feedback: it is always pleasant to have some answers :P

UPDATES:
15.06 QuickModules was totally rewritten (C#) to be available as a proper Outlook Addin (with installer) in addition to the VBA project
15.06 QuickModules VBA correction: now lists subfolders of the inbox has well
11.06 QuickModulesStart.bas was included
Last edited by DigiDon on 25 Jun 2018, 10:50, edited 8 times in total.
EverFastAccess : Take Notes on anything the Fast way: Attach notes, Set reminders & Speed up research in 1 gesture - AHK topic
AHK Dynamic Obfuscator L - Protect your AHK code by Obfuscation - AHK topic
QuickModules for Outlook : Sort Outlook emails very quickly to multiple folders - AHK topic
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. (Miles Kington)
ozzii

Re: [Outlook] QuickModules to sort emails very quickly to multiple folders

11 Jun 2018, 02:46

Thanks.
This option really missed.
With my 200-300 folders, this will be very handy.

One thing :
in the documentation you talk about 'QuickModulesStart.bas'
But I can't find it in the zip file... :oops:
DigiDon

Re: [Outlook] QuickModules to sort emails very quickly to multiple folders

11 Jun 2018, 03:52

Thanks ozzii, I hope it will work great for you too ;)

Oups, my bad, hopefully you mentioned it :roll:
Corrected
EverFastAccess : Take Notes on anything the Fast way: Attach notes, Set reminders & Speed up research in 1 gesture - AHK topic
QuickModules for Outlook : Sort Outlook emails very quickly to multiple folders - AHK topic
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. (Miles Kington)
DigiDon

Re: [Outlook] QuickModules to sort emails very quickly to multiple folders [UP 15.06]

16 Jun 2018, 07:57

UPDATES:
15.06 QuickModules was totally rewritten (C#) to be available as a proper Outlook Addin (with simple installer) as alternative to the VBA project :P
15.06 QuickModules VBA correction: now lists subfolders of the inbox has well
Last edited by DigiDon on 18 Jun 2018, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
ozzii

Re: [Outlook] QuickModules (AddIn or VBA) to sort emails or jump quickly to multiple folders [UP 16.06]

18 Jun 2018, 02:20

@DigiDon
What's the difference between the two download?
Do I need both?
DigiDon

Re: [Outlook] QuickModules (AddIn or VBA) to sort emails or jump quickly to multiple folders [UP 16.06]

18 Jun 2018, 03:43

Hi ozzi.

No, the Add-In is a total rewrite of the vba module. They are separate technologies.

The VBA needs a quite complicated install but then source code can be easily modified.
The Add-In has a simple installer and directly integrates with Outlook and cannot be modified easily. One disadvantages however is that it seems it is not possible to have a keyboard shortcut to it.

I would recommend using the Add-In if it works well for you, mainly because I rewrote it and it indexes the list of folder for faster display.
The VBA lods the folder list everytime it is started.

In your case (200 folders) I guess the VBA might therefore be slower.

Return to “Other Utilities & Resources”