FR: Exclude assigned variables, referenced variables and parameters in global/local variable warning Topic is solved

Propose new features and changes
RUBn

FR: Exclude assigned variables, referenced variables and parameters in global/local variable warning

09 Nov 2023, 04:01

This is a feature request around evading global variables and local variables, but when it's not necessary to warn about possible confusion as stated in the doc.

So OK, the doc.says Global Variables: However, if a variable is used in an assignment or with the reference operator (&), it is automatically local by default.
It's the same for function parameters. It doesn't say in the doc, but I tested it.

So, what I do NOT do is using special naming of local variables and function parameters such as L_var. I just make sure one of the above conditions are true, The thing is #Warn All still warns about it.
But since I noticed from other errors that the "code checker" that outputs these warnings, DOES check for assignments and these conditions, I propose #Warn All stops warning about possible local variables mix-up when the above conditions are true.

This idea started in this topic post.

I am also: Image-motiv for professional, volunteer & open source (web) development
lexikos

Re: FR: Exclude assigned variables, referenced variables and parameters in global/local variable warning  Topic is solved

16 Nov 2023, 20:52

Unless I'm missing something, what you want is the default behaviour. Either don't use #Warn All, or use #Warn LocalSameAsGlobal, Off after it. #Warn VarUnset covers the cases where a variable is not assigned or used with the reference operator.

If what you want differs in some way to the default behaviour, please demonstrate with code.

Return to “Wish List”