Hotkeys sometimes just pass through

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
MikauSchekzen

Hotkeys sometimes just pass through

25 Mar 2015, 12:04

Ahoy!

I'm having a problem with using my profiles in games. I'm using a Razer Orbweaver, but Razer Synapse is a bit too limited for my tastes. So I'm using AutoHotkey for it.

I have my Orbweaver bound to 1-5, q-t, a-g, z-b and have the D-Pad set to the arrow keys. Then, in AHK, I'm binding those keys to other keys, so that I can play the game with the exact control scheme I want.

However, sometimes, once every ~5 minutes on average, when I press a key, it just seems to pass through or something. For example, I'd have E bound to Space(to jump). But sometimes, it jumps right AFTER it has pressed its native E, which interacts with the environment. (Duke Nukem 3D in this case, btw).

Happens with other games too, and with other bindings.

The profiles' process priority is set to Realtime, using SendMode, Input, using the Keyboard Hook, set the profile to persistent with #Persistent, placed #NoEnv at the top of my script, #MaxThreads set to 200, #MaxThreadsPerHotkey set to 6, using labels for the hotkeys, though the same happened when I just used simple hotkeys (e.g. *e::space).

There are some processes running in the background, but they're not very heavy, and my CPU usage never seems to get even close to 100%.

Is this normal? Is there a workaround? Is it fixable?
Would really appreciate some help and/or insight on this.

-MikauSchekzen

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”