Taskbar Auto-hide Won't Unhide Fix

Post your working scripts, libraries and tools for AHK v1.1 and older
Masonjar13

Taskbar Auto-hide Won't Unhide Fix

03 Feb 2021, 02:27

I've never used the taskbar auto-hide in the past, because it just doesn't work with some maximized windows. A well known bug, but it seems no one really knows the specific cause. Well anyway, I wanted more screen space, so I had to come up with a solution. I thought, why don't I emulate how the system does it.. but more forcefully?

Taskbar Unhide Gist

It runs as-is, all that needs to be changed is the windows array. Add as many windows as you want, each as it's own array in the element, and that's it. It has Firefox in it, because that was my most problematic window.

How To Use
After adding your window titles, run the script. Now, whenever one of those windows are active, put your cursor at the bottom of the screen for a bit, like you normally would, and it will come up as it should. This should be dropped in your startup folder so you don't have to think about it. It also runs well using AHK_H's mini.dll (see ScriptUp for an easy way to use it).

If you want to change the length of time required to work, change the sleep (line 20). If you want to change the area it triggers in, change lines 19 and 22.
My Personal Function Library | Old Build - New Build

Return to “Scripts and Functions (v1)”