How do I remove all keyboard shortcuts in SciTE? Topic is solved

The popular SciTE-based AutoHotkey Script Editor
Kotte

How do I remove all keyboard shortcuts in SciTE?

29 Dec 2021, 13:14

Hi!

Is there a way to remove all keyboard shortcuts I SciTE? I used to use two of them - F5 and CTRL + Q, but F5 seems to be known to not work so I made a hotkey for mouse clicking the run button instead. Now I only use CTRL + Q, but I'd gladly skip that one if it's easier to remove all shortcuts.

I have looked in the user properties and global properties, but there is nothing there about shortcuts. Also, there is a bunch of shortcuts that are not listed in the menu.

Also, CTRL + SHIFT + Z has a strange behaviour. If I try to redo something I get small icons that say "SUB" instead of the text or blank space I'm trying to redo. I guess that started after accidentally pressing some hidden keyboard shortcut, but I can't find anything about that problem here or on other forums. Does anyone have any ideas about what is happening with the redo?

I'm on Ahk v.1.1.33.09 and SciTE v.3.0.06.01
Kotte

Re: How do I remove all keyboard shortcuts in SciTE?  Topic is solved

30 Dec 2021, 14:11

I solved the shortcuts in a messy way.

Code: Select all

Errmsg = This hotkey was disabled in SciTE4AutoHotkey by`n"Blocked hotkeys in SciTE" in the %A_Scriptname% file.

{ ;~------------------------------------- Blocked hotkeys in SciTE ----------------------------------------

#IfWinActive, ahk_class SciTEWindow
	!a::
	<^>!a::
	^c::
	;And 50 more rows of hotkeys
	MsgBox, %Errmsg%
#IfWinActive
return
}
The weird behaviour with CTRL + SHIFT + Z was solved by sending CTRL + Y.

Code: Select all

{ ;~------------------------------------ CTRL + SHIFT + Z in SciTE -------------------------------
#IfWinActive, ahk_class SciTEWindow
   ^+z::Send, {CtrlDown}y{CtrlUp}
#IfWinActive
}
Last edited by Kotte on 30 Dec 2021, 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
gregster

Re: How do I remove all keyboard shortcuts in SciTE?

30 Dec 2021, 14:16

Why a msgbox? Just put a return instead.
Or do you want the constant reminder?
Kotte

30 Dec 2021, 14:36

@gregster I want the reminder. In a few hours I'll have no idea where i put this code and this way I'll know where to look. Plus, it's not that often I press hotkeys unintentionally. Just often enough for the built in ones to annoy me =)
gregster

30 Dec 2021, 14:38

Okay.
(Instead, you could also use a tooltip, with a timeout, and the same message. But however you prefer...)

Return to “SciTE4AutoHotkey”