Would this be an interesting application of how autohotkey is used?

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
caseyxsharp

Would this be an interesting application of how autohotkey is used?

25 Aug 2022, 08:47

I am new to this hotkey programming. I want to learn everything about what it is and how to use it though. So was wondering if this has been thought of or if it could be interesting to do with this. I want to use my gamepad to control my pc. I know how to use keysticks to use keyboard shortcuts, but I've never even thought of using software to program different hotkeys before. I know like how people use this with streaming decks now, except has anyone tried this with a gamepad before? I would like feedback on this, so if I stick to the idea, they'll be others to turn to who share the same interest about making it work. What would be a sort of basic commands to start with that you might think I should start with? I would normally only use Windows or browser shortcuts with my gamepad, it's basic functions but sticking all the shortcuts on every button doesn't leave any space on it or you run out of shortcuts, I want to do the same thing but make it more efficient. Like normal things you would do on a pc most of all. Switching tabs, windows, close, open, searching, saving things, open certain folders with one press or programs, next, back and forwards. It would great too if I could switch keyboard layouts to put more functions in. I think you could do that with a stream deck, but on a gamepad instead.

Return to “General Discussion”