WinWaitClose to close additional programs / windows Topic is solved

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Evil-e

WinWaitClose to close additional programs / windows

30 Nov 2018, 14:25

I use WInWait & WinWaitClose into all of my AHK files and works nicely to close AHK when I shut down my games.
I would like to take this a step further and shut down additional programs in the same way....

Example: A number of my games utilize FOV adjustment programs that currently need to be manually closed once I am back
at the Desktop. It would be cool if when the game was exited, not only AHK would close, but any other applications that are
no longer necessary as well.

Research led me to ----> https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/6056 ... t-once-th/<---

seems to be on the right track, but not sure how to implement into my own script for the above action

:morebeard:
I have a bit of experience opening and sending commands to game console and CMD.exe... just ask :)
Evil-e

Re: WinWaitClose to close additional programs / windows

30 Nov 2018, 17:32

YOU DA MAN* :dance:

my NEW script....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#IfWinActive ahk_exe Borderlands.exe
WinWait, ahk_exe Borderlands.exe
WinWaitClose, ahk_exe Borderlands.exe
Process, Close, BorderlandsNumPlayersSetter.exe
ExitApp
return
$F1::
run "G:\Games\Borderlands\Game of The Year Edition\Binaries\BorderlandsNumPlayersSetter.exe"
return
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I use F1 to launch the difficulty slider after the save has been loaded and gameplay started. It
needs to read memory before it can be set and this action collapses game to Desktop, so it works perfect

Took a few attempts of WinKill, WinClose to find Process, Close is the way to go :bravo:

Many thanks :beer:

:morebeard:

PS> Funny.... I have several games in which I already use Process, Close, but in a different context. It had not occurred
to me to use it this way :D

PPS> *Maybe you are a babe, I dunno, but many thanks anyway!
I have a bit of experience opening and sending commands to game console and CMD.exe... just ask :)

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”